Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Classes at RSUH

It's been a few days since I have written anything because I've been feeling a bit under the weather. My Sunday was fun although no very eventful. Before I left for Moscow, someone very near and dear to me told me that he has an aunt that lives in Moscow and mentioned that she would enjoy meeting me. :) I had called her up earlier in the week to schedule a meeting. Early Sunday morning she and I meet up at the metro to go to her church. I enjoyed it immensely. It was a more modern kind of church, but I loved seeing how involved and enthusiastic all the members were. After the church service she invited me to spend the afternoon with her. Since I had enjoyed conversing with her as we walked to church, I willingly agreed. I had a bast enjoying a delicious Russian meal and very stimulating conversation. Most of the other girls visited the new Tretyakov gallery today, which I'll be able to do the following weekend :)

Monday was our first day of classes. We had class from 9 am until 14:30 / 2:30 pm. I enjoyed hearing so much Russian - especially since it wasn't one long lecture, but rather was divided into several different classes with various topics (all pertaining to Russia of course :) ). In the evening we dressed up and went to the Moscow Art Theater to see the production of Karmen. While I cannot quite say what I think of the plot since it did not have much aside from immorality, I do think the student performers did a wonderful job.

Today was the second day of classes. I think it's safe to say that we enjoyed our classes today more than we did yesterday. I personally felt like I learned more from them since one of our classes, the one focusing on language used in mass media, presented us with a brief but in dept look at Russia's fascinating history. After classes we had the opportunity to meet up with five Russian students from RSUH. They took us on a tour of their university to familiarize us with many of the wonderful things it has to offer us including a beautiful library and several small exhibits (Ancient Greek/Rome and Mexican sculptures).

No comments:

Post a Comment